Professional headshots aren't just for top execs anymore. Everyone needs one. Now that social media has taken on such an important role in promoting our professional abilities, having a headshot that makes an impact is more important than ever. With a great headshot your professionalism and unique personality will shine through, opening doors for new opportunities and new business. Here are 5 reasons why you should update your headshot this year.
1. You’ll look the part- Just like actors want headshots that convey the types of roles they submit for, you want a headshot that makes you look every bit the professional you are. A professional photographer who specializes in headshots can help guide you into getting the look you want to project.
2. You take yourself seriously- Making a financial investment shows that you take yourself and your career seriously.
3. You’ll stand out from the crowd- Many still rely on a phone photo.. or a photo that was taken years ago. Having a high resolution photo that is visually pleasing will make recruiters, potential employers and important contacts take a closer look. A professional photographer who has built the skills and experience can make the most of your photos.
4. You’ll be memorable – People tend to remember two extremes. Great photos and bad photos. You don't want to be remembered for the trainwreck. Having a great professional photo helps people to put a face to a name and allows for an immediate connection when you meet in person for the first time.
5. This could be your only shot- In this fast paced digital world, contacts are usually too busy to read more than a few lines of your resume. Without a headshot that stands out, you may not get that far. A good headshot is your best chance to make an instant and positive first impression. Don’t waste it!
COMPANY-WIDE BONUS POINT!
6. Uniform Greatness - For companies that have their staff pictures online, having photos that have a uniform look and feel can pull together your headshots into a cohesive whole, adding to the polish of professionalism.